By Roger Hazard
The open stairs of the Modern Farmhouse started as a black painted steel structure with bamboo step inserts. We brightened up the space with white paint, and made the steps safer for guests and easier for our dog to climb by wrapping them in natural jute runners.
- Vintage wooden bench (Austin Antique Mall)
- Tarpon mount (Howl, Austin TX)
- Wood wall-mounted gallery ledges that we hand painted white (Pottery Barn)
- Assorted vintage paint-by-number pieces (flea markets, eBay)
- Original portraits, oil on canvas (Austin Antique Mall)
- Print of "Nihon Buyo" by Ikko Tanaka (MoMA)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
A cute, 160-year old Italianate Victorian had the potential to be a stunning garden house - but only after taming the garden, adding style to the porches, and applying some unexpected new colors.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
Whether you're trying to expand your precious outdoor living space, block unsightly neighboring yards, or enhance security for your family, here are three methods for boosting front yard privacy.
Tour Roger and Chris' front yard.
Tour Roger and Chris' living room.