By Roger Hazard
The open stairs of the Modern Farmhouse started as a black painted steel structure with bamboo step inserts. We brightened up the space with white paint, and made the steps safer for guests and easier for our dog to climb by wrapping them in natural jute runners.
- Vintage wooden bench (Austin Antique Mall)
- Tarpon mount (Howl, Austin TX)
- Wood wall-mounted gallery ledges that we hand painted white (Pottery Barn)
- Assorted vintage paint-by-number pieces (flea markets, eBay)
- Original portraits, oil on canvas (Austin Antique Mall)
- Print of "Nihon Buyo" by Ikko Tanaka (MoMA)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.