The open stairs of the Modern Farmhouse started as a black painted steel structure with bamboo step inserts. We brightened up the space with white paint, and made the steps safer for guests and easier for our dog to climb by wrapping them in natural jute runners.
- Vintage wooden bench (Austin Antique Mall)
- Tarpon mount (Howl, Austin TX)
- Wood wall-mounted gallery ledges that we hand painted white (Pottery Barn)
- Assorted vintage paint-by-number pieces (flea markets, eBay)
- Original portraits, oil on canvas (Austin Antique Mall)
- Print of "Nihon Buyo" by Ikko Tanaka (MoMA)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.