By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's master bathroom includes a large walk-in closet and blue-green slate floors. We made the most of the closet space in terms of both functionality and style, and brought color throughout with a pale blue ceiling.
- Large wooden spherical drapery finials repurposed into cabinet door pulls (West Elm)
- Dakota Button wall hooks for bath towels that we hand painted gloss white (Restoration Hardware)
- Aluminum-framed shower door. We chose a framed door because it fit well with our design and was less than 50% of the cost of a frameless door.
- High-efficiency faucet, showerhead, and shower handheld (Hansgrohe)
- Wire corner shower basket. We were sick of those shower caddies that hang on your showerhead. Everything gets wet, the caddies inevitably rust, and those suction cups are useless. We installed a screw-mounted solid brass caddy that fits nicely in the corner opposite the showerhead. (Deltana)
- Magazine racks were the previous towel racks that we spray painted gloss white and repurposed. Toilet paper holder also spray painted.
- Slate tile on floor
- White subway tile in shower
- Bamboo floor in walk-in-closet painted glossy white
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- To give the large, unadorned mirror more presence, we framed it with thick MDF painted gloss white
- Silestone countertop on vanity
- Sherwin-Williams "Hinting Blue" above board-and-batton and on ceiling
- Sherwin-Williams "Cyberspace" charcoal on walls of walk-in closet
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gloss white cabinet, trim, door
- Shaker-style vanity cabinet repainted white (IKEA)
- Closet shelving and storage in white laminate. Because there is no door to our closet, we wanted it to be neat and stylish. Shoes are kept up high, out of the way of Buck, who occasionally likes to snack on a sneaker. A built-in dresser in this closet frees us from having to place a standard dresser in the bedroom. (California Closets)
- Antique iron garden seat (Casa Bella, Hot Springs, AR)
- Barn light wall-mount double CGU sconces in galvanized finish with ribbed glass and clear low-wattage bulbs on dimmer (Barn Light Electric Company)
- Can lights with spot bulbs on dimmer
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Blue and white striped cotton area rugs in bathroom and closet (Dash & Albert)
- Simple white vinyl roller shade custom cut on-site at The Home Depot, with a classic white ring pull from ShadePull.com
- Artwork & Accessories
- Vintage shaving mirror (eBay)
- "American Weekly" cover print (Plan59.com)
- Owen decanter for mouthwash - because those mouthwash bottles are seriously ugly (Crate & Barrel)
- Fancy toothbrushes and toothpaste - that Chris is not allowed to use because they for display only! But if you're a graphic design nerd like us, you should definitely check out Kikkerland's Pantone Toothbrush Set (Kikkerland.com)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
Everyone complains about a lack of closet space, mostly because we humans are like goldfish - we grow to the size of our container.
Whether you're trying to expand your precious outdoor living space, block unsightly neighboring yards, or enhance security for your family, here are three methods for boosting front yard privacy.
We were interviewed for an article about our home in shelter magazine Locale.