By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's guest bathroom is bright, clean, and surprising. We packed art and accessories into this space to make it interesting for our guests.
- Large wooden spherical drapery finials repurposed into cabinet door pulls (West Elm)
- Dakota Button wall hooks for bath towels that we hand painted gloss white (Restoration Hardware)
- High-efficiency faucet, showerhead, and shower handheld (Hansgrohe)
- Wire corner shower basket. See master bathroom for details. (Deltana)
- Slate tile on floor
- White subway tile in bathtub surround
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Mirror framed in MDF and painted gloss white
- Silestone countertop on vanity
- Plaid wallpaper above board-and-batten
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gloss white cabinet, trim, door
- Shaker-style vanity cabinet repainted white (IKEA)
- Barn light wall-mount double CGU sconces in galvanized finish with ribbed glass and clear low-wattage bulbs on dimmer (Barn Light Electric Company)
- Can lights with spot bulbs on dimmer
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Jute runner (Overstock.com)
- Simple white vinyl roller shade custom cut on-site at The Home Depot, with a classic white ring pull from ShadePull.com
- Artwork & Accessories
- Swarthy man portrait (Austin Antique Mall)
- Vintage shaving brushes (Austin Antique Mall)
- Olive oil soap block and wooden holder (Circa Soap Apothecary, Wimberley, TX)
- Tabletop shaving mirror (Restoration Hardware)
- Vintage antelope taxidermy (Uncommon Objects)
- Vintage deer taxidermy (Austin Antique Mall)
- Vintage urinary tract medical illustration (Uncommon Objects)
- Wooden ballerina legs repurposed as toilet paper holder (Uncommon Objects)
- Natural fiber tassel - a good way to let guests know which door leads to the bathroom (flea market)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
Find out why Roger Hazard has left "Sell This House: Extreme" on A&E and what he is doing now.
One of the most striking changes we made during the Modern Farmhouse renovation was to the walls.
Whether you're trying to expand your precious outdoor living space, block unsightly neighboring yards, or enhance security for your family, here are three methods for boosting front yard privacy.
Tour Roger and Chris' open stairway.