By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's guest bathroom is bright, clean, and surprising. We packed art and accessories into this space to make it interesting for our guests.
- Large wooden spherical drapery finials repurposed into cabinet door pulls (West Elm)
- Dakota Button wall hooks for bath towels that we hand painted gloss white (Restoration Hardware)
- High-efficiency faucet, showerhead, and shower handheld (Hansgrohe)
- Wire corner shower basket. See master bathroom for details. (Deltana)
- Slate tile on floor
- White subway tile in bathtub surround
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Mirror framed in MDF and painted gloss white
- Silestone countertop on vanity
- Plaid wallpaper above board-and-batten
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gloss white cabinet, trim, door
- Shaker-style vanity cabinet repainted white (IKEA)
- Barn light wall-mount double CGU sconces in galvanized finish with ribbed glass and clear low-wattage bulbs on dimmer (Barn Light Electric Company)
- Can lights with spot bulbs on dimmer
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Jute runner (Overstock.com)
- Simple white vinyl roller shade custom cut on-site at The Home Depot, with a classic white ring pull from ShadePull.com
- Artwork & Accessories
- Swarthy man portrait (Austin Antique Mall)
- Vintage shaving brushes (Austin Antique Mall)
- Olive oil soap block and wooden holder (Circa Soap Apothecary, Wimberley, TX)
- Tabletop shaving mirror (Restoration Hardware)
- Vintage antelope taxidermy (Uncommon Objects)
- Vintage deer taxidermy (Austin Antique Mall)
- Vintage urinary tract medical illustration (Uncommon Objects)
- Wooden ballerina legs repurposed as toilet paper holder (Uncommon Objects)
- Natural fiber tassel - a good way to let guests know which door leads to the bathroom (flea market)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.