By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's guest bedroom features a dramatic pitched ceiling and a massive South-facing window. The inviting bed and character-filled, worn furniture and accessories help any guest feel comfortable.
- Georgian doorknob in aged bronze (Schlage)
- Stable door latch and heavy-duty hinges (The Home Depot)
- Carbonized bamboo flooring
- Door cut in half and cross pattern applied to create stable door
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Sherwin-Williams "Cyberspace" above board-and-batton and on ceiling
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gallery white on trim
- Malm bed frame with headboard wrapped in charcoal suit wool. See master bedroom for description. (IKEA)
- Contact stool/side table (CB2)
- Vintage western chair (Hogg Wild Austin)
- Antique wood dresser. This beautiful old dresser was marked down to $60! (Salvation Army)
- Closet shelving and storage in white laminate. (California Closets)
- Black metal floor lamps with wood block base (West Elm, sadly discontinued)
- Accent lamp created from an antique tripod, a red pendant socket lamp with fantastic red fabric power cord, an Edison squirrel cage-style light bulb, and a lamp dimmer (Tripod was gift, socket from West Elm)
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Jute runners placed under bed (Overstock.com)
- "Cozy" euro-size throw pillows in charcoal (West Elm)
- "Celebrate The Horse" hand-hooked wool throw pillow (Pendleton)
- White sheets and pillow cases (Bed, Bath & Beyond)
- Wool plaid blanket (Manufactured by Pendleton for the Ace Hotel, NYC)
- 2" wood blinds with white fabric tape (3 Day Blinds)
- Black and white gingham drapery fabric (Calico Corners)
- Wood drapery pole, supports, ring clips (The Home Depot)
- Artwork & Accessories
- Vintage bird house (Uncommon Objects)
- Antler mount (Stamford, CT antique mall)
- Infrared night photos of lions on the prowl
- Vintage brown glass bottles (flea markets)
- Vintage boots (flea market)
- Original pen illustration (Omaha art auction)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.