By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's guest bedroom features a dramatic pitched ceiling and a massive South-facing window. The inviting bed and character-filled, worn furniture and accessories help any guest feel comfortable.
- Georgian doorknob in aged bronze (Schlage)
- Stable door latch and heavy-duty hinges (The Home Depot)
- Carbonized bamboo flooring
- Door cut in half and cross pattern applied to create stable door
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Sherwin-Williams "Cyberspace" above board-and-batton and on ceiling
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gallery white on trim
- Malm bed frame with headboard wrapped in charcoal suit wool. See master bedroom for description. (IKEA)
- Contact stool/side table (CB2)
- Vintage western chair (Hogg Wild Austin)
- Antique wood dresser. This beautiful old dresser was marked down to $60! (Salvation Army)
- Closet shelving and storage in white laminate. (California Closets)
- Black metal floor lamps with wood block base (West Elm, sadly discontinued)
- Accent lamp created from an antique tripod, a red pendant socket lamp with fantastic red fabric power cord, an Edison squirrel cage-style light bulb, and a lamp dimmer (Tripod was gift, socket from West Elm)
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Jute runners placed under bed (Overstock.com)
- "Cozy" euro-size throw pillows in charcoal (West Elm)
- "Celebrate The Horse" hand-hooked wool throw pillow (Pendleton)
- White sheets and pillow cases (Bed, Bath & Beyond)
- Wool plaid blanket (Manufactured by Pendleton for the Ace Hotel, NYC)
- 2" wood blinds with white fabric tape (3 Day Blinds)
- Black and white gingham drapery fabric (Calico Corners)
- Wood drapery pole, supports, ring clips (The Home Depot)
- Artwork & Accessories
- Vintage bird house (Uncommon Objects)
- Antler mount (Stamford, CT antique mall)
- Infrared night photos of lions on the prowl
- Vintage brown glass bottles (flea markets)
- Vintage boots (flea market)
- Original pen illustration (Omaha art auction)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
With most luxury furniture companies, only a fraction of each dollar you spend is actually used to build your sofa. Let's look at just a few of the other things you're paying for when you shop with big retailers.
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
The most common color question I am asked: "Do dark colors make rooms look smaller?"
How the heck do you paint something like a piano?
We altered doors to allow in light, air, and the cat, and to keep the dog out.