By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's powder room is located right off of the kitchen. Small but not cramped, we packed this small room with style - a pale blue ceiling, lots of art, an industrial steel chair, and a whimsical stack of toilet paper rolls. It makes for a powder room that no one forgets.
- Large wooden spherical drapery finials repurposed into cabinet door pulls (West Elm)
- Dakota Button wall hook for bath towels that we hand painted gloss white (Restoration Hardware)
- Gooseneck spout faucet in oil-rubbed bronze finish (Water Creation)
- Polished concrete floor
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Mirror framed in MDF and painted gloss white
- Silestone countertop on vanity
- Sherwin-Williams "Hinting Blue" above board-and-batton and on ceiling
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gloss white cabinet, trim, door
- Shaker-style vanity cabinet repainted white (IKEA)
- Vintage metal chair (barn in rural Iowa)
- Vintage desk lamp repurposed as light above mirror (Uncommon Objects)
- Can light with spot bulb on dimmer
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Simple white vinyl roller shade custom cut on-site at The Home Depot, with a classic white ring pull from ShadePull.com
- Artwork & Accessories
- Naked man portrait (Seattle antique mall)
- Vintage antler mount (flea market in Hot Springs, AR)
- "I Had The Best Laid Plans..." painting (Omaha art auction)
- Wooden crates that we hand painted and attached to wall (Pottery Barn)
- Takara Breezy Singer animatronic cardinal (eBay)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
Tour Roger and Chris' living room.
We were interviewed for an article about our home in shelter magazine Locale.
How the heck do you paint something like a piano?