By Roger Hazard
The Modern Farmhouse's powder room is located right off of the kitchen. Small but not cramped, we packed this small room with style - a pale blue ceiling, lots of art, an industrial steel chair, and a whimsical stack of toilet paper rolls. It makes for a powder room that no one forgets.
- Large wooden spherical drapery finials repurposed into cabinet door pulls (West Elm)
- Dakota Button wall hook for bath towels that we hand painted gloss white (Restoration Hardware)
- Gooseneck spout faucet in oil-rubbed bronze finish (Water Creation)
- Polished concrete floor
- Board-and-batten effect created with strips of wood lattice
- Mirror framed in MDF and painted gloss white
- Silestone countertop on vanity
- Sherwin-Williams "Hinting Blue" above board-and-batton and on ceiling
- Gallery white on board-and-batten
- Gloss white cabinet, trim, door
- Shaker-style vanity cabinet repainted white (IKEA)
- Vintage metal chair (barn in rural Iowa)
- Vintage desk lamp repurposed as light above mirror (Uncommon Objects)
- Can light with spot bulb on dimmer
- Textiles & Window Treatments
- Simple white vinyl roller shade custom cut on-site at The Home Depot, with a classic white ring pull from ShadePull.com
- Artwork & Accessories
- Naked man portrait (Seattle antique mall)
- Vintage antler mount (flea market in Hot Springs, AR)
- "I Had The Best Laid Plans..." painting (Omaha art auction)
- Wooden crates that we hand painted and attached to wall (Pottery Barn)
- Takara Breezy Singer animatronic cardinal (eBay)
If you are interested in discussing a similar transformation to your own home, contact us for a consultation.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
A cute, 160-year old Italianate Victorian had the potential to be a stunning garden house - but only after taming the garden, adding style to the porches, and applying some unexpected new colors.
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.
Whether you're trying to expand your precious outdoor living space, block unsightly neighboring yards, or enhance security for your family, here are three methods for boosting front yard privacy.
We altered doors to allow in light, air, and the cat, and to keep the dog out.
Tour Roger and Chris' open stairway.