Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my own fabric or leather (COM)?
Yes. This is called COM or "customer's own material." We do this all the time. There are a couple of caveats:
- You don't get a discount. Working with material that is not ours is more labor intensive, so we do not reduce the furniture price.
- The material is not warrantied by us. Not being a material we are familiar with, we cannot guarantee the performance of the fabric. You are responsible for ensuring suitability of the fabric for your application.
- You will need to send us details on the piece you would like to order and the fabric you are using. Do not make assumptions about how many yards you will need to supply — we cut fabric differently than other manufacturers. This is especially important with patterned fabrics. We will provide a yardage estimate.
- When you place your order, we ask that you have fabric drop shipped to our factory and ensure that it is clearly labeled / sidemarked with your order number and name.
- We assign a zero-dollar value to the material upon arrival at our factory. We have no involvement in the purchase of your material and do not see any profit margin with it, so any instances of acquiring additional yardage for any reason will be at the customer's expense.
- COM orders are non-returnable and non-refundable. These are fully custom products and we cannot under any circumstances accept returns or refunds in whole or in part for them.
- Never buy leather COM. You're wasting your money. Talk to us instead as we can almost always source a comparable product at a far lower price point than is made available to the public or design trade. If you absolutely insist upon doing this, we can accommodate. But — again — BAD IDEA
Direct link to this page: https://www.rogerandchris.com/faq/question/can-i-use-my-own-fabric-or-leather-com-21