By Roger Hazard
Chris and I are moving to the historic village of Sharon Springs in upstate New York to renovate an Italianate Victorian house. We're going to document every step of the process, sharing our ideas for creating big style on a small budget.
A few of our projects:
- Transforming a plain living room into contemporary rustic showpiece
- Renovating a kitchen using next-generation styles and clever space-maximizing ideas from Custom Cupboards
- Styling an intimate dining room
- Renovating two bathrooms to add modern convenience and timeless style
- Styling master and guest bedrooms
- Making a functional, comfortable home office and studio
- Creating lush landscaping inspired by European gardens
- Styling a front porch sitting area
We will be exploring low-cost ways to add high-end style to any home, including creating our own lighting, altering used furniture, painting rooms and woodwork, making our own art, and more. We will feature the latest furniture lines, the hottest kitchen design trends, and more.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
Velvet fabric can be a bit trickier to clean than other fabrics because, in addition to removing the stain, you must take care to avoid "crushing" the nap of the fiber. Here are some tips to help you successfully remove stains without damaging your beautiful furniture.
We completely redesigned the interior and exterior of our modern home in Austin, Texas. Come take a look inside.
Antique and modern built-ins, doors, windows, and a chimney... We worked around a multitude of obstacles to create a welcoming dining room and butler's pantry.
We're kicking off our renovation just as winter arrives.
This weekend, the American Hotel in Sharon Springs, NY will be the epicenter of the village's annual Garden Party Festival. Here are a few photos of the hotel's lush garden.