By Roger Hazard
Chris and I are moving to the historic village of Sharon Springs in upstate New York to renovate an Italianate Victorian house. We're going to document every step of the process, sharing our ideas for creating big style on a small budget.
A few of our projects:
- Transforming a plain living room into contemporary rustic showpiece
- Renovating a kitchen using next-generation styles and clever space-maximizing ideas from Custom Cupboards
- Styling an intimate dining room
- Renovating two bathrooms to add modern convenience and timeless style
- Styling master and guest bedrooms
- Making a functional, comfortable home office and studio
- Creating lush landscaping inspired by European gardens
- Styling a front porch sitting area
We will be exploring low-cost ways to add high-end style to any home, including creating our own lighting, altering used furniture, painting rooms and woodwork, making our own art, and more. We will feature the latest furniture lines, the hottest kitchen design trends, and more.
Hot right now on Roger + Chris
With most luxury furniture companies, only a fraction of each dollar you spend is actually used to build your sofa. Let's look at just a few of the other things you're paying for when you shop with big retailers.
There are quite a few things to consider when picking the perfect Chesterfield. Here are some tips that will give you a head start.
We've gathered some of our favorite sofas and armchairs in gorgeous blue velvets, along with design inspiration from around the web.
We turned a rough, boring bedroom in the Grey House into an unforgettable space for our guests.
What a difference a few degrees can make. The snow is retreating. Birds are chirping. The crowds have returned to the village.
I have a favorite replacement toilet handle. How weird is that?