|107" Higgins Chesterfield sofa in brown leather|
FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
I just wanted to to tell you how much I am enjoying my chair. It's beautiful! Everyone that sees it is in love with it. It's good that it's so heavy so they cannot steal it away from me!
When people think of the Chesterfield sofa, they immediately envision a dark, traditional gentleman's study.
But now, with the variety of leather and fabric colors available, Chesterfields can make a big statement in contemporary, modern, and eclectic environments.
Our take on the Chesterfield, in armchair, sofa, and sectional configurations.
For an introduction to "the king of sofas," read our 10 Design Tips for Picking the Perfect Chesterfield primer.
The origin of the Chesterfield sofa is a bit of a mystery. Many believe that it draws its name from the fourth Earl of Chesterfield (Phillip Stanhope, b.1694), who received a finely-crafted, deeply-tufted leather davenport with the arms and back at even height. Chesterfields have remained as fixtures of luxurious parlors and studies in Europe and North America in the centuries since its debut, often swathed in richly-colored leathers.
We love Chesterfields, and we think Higgins is one of the best. We've enhanced this traditional piece with a modern pocket coil spring system for even, noiseless, and durable seat comfort. Most Chesterfield sofas have a vertical back, but we have integrated a barely-perceptible angle to the back rest, dramatically enhancing comfort for all-day lounging without compromising style. In addition to beautiful leathers, we offer Higgins in a full complement of soft, durable fabrics.
PEDIGREE, CONSTRUCTION, AND COMFORT
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Bench-made in North Carolina by skilled craftspeople.
- Custom-engineered frame built using blocks in all corners, double-dowel or mortise-and-tenon joinery, metal fasteners, and glue.
- Leggett & Platt's Elite Series Soft Luxe pocketed coil seat support system.
- Seat cushions made from multi-density foam core, wrapped in channel-stitched down for plush yet supportive comfort.
- Additional information about our construction.
Higgins can be customized to suit your unique needs and style. Create a truly one-of-a-kind piece of furniture by selecting from our extensive list of options. Need help? Contact us to speak with a furniture consultant.
- Available in nineteen standard lengths or in sectional configurations. (Contact us for sectional information.)
- Three seat depths available. Standard 42", shallower 38", and deeper 46". Also available in flat-back configuration with 38" overall depth.
- Optional bench seat cushion configuration.
- Optional tufted seat cushion.
- Choice of narrow or wide tufting. (Wide tufting not available on all lengths.)
- Choice of numerous fabric and leather families and colors.
- Choice of leg style and color. (See options below.)
- Optional nail head trim. (See color options below.)
- Looking for a Chesterfield sleeper? Our HIggins Chesterfield can be outfitted as a full (85") or queen (96") sleeper sofa.
Tailor-made for you
The opposite of generic.
Hundreds of colors. Dozens of sizes. Sofas, sectionals, sleepers, love seats, armchairs, ottomans. And oodles of style tweaks to make your piece one-of-a-kind. We're kryptonite to boring furniture stores.
Well-built to be well-loved.
We build furniture to last. It costs us more, but results in a product we can stand behind with pride. Kiln-dried American oak frames, blocking in all corners, double-dowel and mortise-and-tenon joinery, heavier high-density foam, real down and feathers, and failure-resistant suspension systems.
Pet & Kid Compatible
Messy pets? kids? husband?
We have options that will stand up to all of them. Beyond our sturdy construction and premium components, we have easily-cleaned, stain-resistant fabrics and leathers that resist scratching. Because the last thing you should be worried about is your sofa.
Minimizing use of animal products?
Our furniture is built with high-performance, synthetic adhesives. We offer great down alternatives for vegans and allergy sufferers. Want the look of leather? We've got innovative vinyl options you'll love.
Designers and commercial
Let's get down to business.
We love working with design firms and businesses. Have unique challenges? Specific compliance requirements? C.O.M. fabric? We'll take it all in stride. We're proud to have our furniture in stores, hotels, restaurants, offices, and commercial spaces around the country.
Custom Made in the U.S.A.
We don't waste your money on showrooms.
No lavish showrooms. No sales staff. No big catalogs. No high-volume garbage. Instead of marketing the same disposable beige stuff, we put your money to better use: building furniture from scratch your specifications, right here in the U.S.A.
Tulsa. Toronto. Timbuktu.
Every week, we ship our furniture all around the country (and often around the globe). We work with specialized carriers to get your sofa to your home and into your living room.
Love it guarantee
Buy with confidence.
We believe our furniture is unmatched in our price range for quality, comfort, and customization. In addition to our standard warranty, our Love It Guarantee gives you five days to evaluate your new sofa. Don't love it? We'll take it back. Contact us for details.
1-on-1 design consultation
Hazards here to help.
You can't call Mr. Barrel or Mr. Restoration, but at our company, Roger and Chris are the ones who answer the phone. Give us a call or email with your design challenges. We're here to help!
Your furniture is built to order in any of our 1073 fabrics or leathers. Additionally, we're happy to build your piece using material that you provide (COM/COL). Click on the circles below to begin exploring by color.
Leg options for this style are shown below. Painted legs and casters carry a slight upcharge.
Nail head trim is available on this style in the following colors. Don't see what you want? Please contact us to discuss custom finishes.
|Starting at...||Starting at...|
Why can't I order this online?
At Roger + Chris, your furniture is built on demand. Each piece can be extensively customized, so we need to speak with you via phone or email to confirm your order before we start making it. We want to make sure you receive exactly what you want.
More questions about ordering
- How can I make sure the furniture will fit in my home?
- Why do I have to contact you to get pricing or place an order?
- About shipping companies
- Can I order fabric swatches?
- Can I purchase your furniture if I live outside of the U.S.?
- How does payment work?
- How does shipping work?
- When will I get my furniture?
- What is the warranty policy for your furniture?
- What is the return policy for your furniture?
HOW TO ORDER FURNITURE AND ATTAIN AWESOMENESS
- Select a piece of furniture.
- Place your order via phone or email.
- Arrange shipping. (We'll help!)
- Receive and inspect the shipment.
- Use it. Love it. Brag to your friends.
REQUEST A QUOTE ON THIS PIECE
|EMAIL US ->|
|CALL US ->||