How can I make sure the furniture will fit in my home?
Measure twice, order once!
Before ordering any furniture, be confident that it will fit in your home. Make certain that it will fit not just in the room you intend to use it, but also through any doorways, stairways, or elevators it must travel.
- Establish the best path from the exterior of your home to the room in which your furniture will be placed.
- The height and width of all doorways, stairways, and hallways along the path must not be exceeded by the furniture's minimum clearance measurements.
- Measure the dimensions of all doorways, stairways, and hallways along the path. If the furniture will need to travel through exterior structures — gates, porches, etc. — measure these too.
- If you live in a building with an elevator, measure the dimensions of the elevator's doors. Your building may have a freight elevator that is available for moving large objects.
- Moving through a doorway into a hall will require a certain amount of clearance. Measure the distance from the doorway to the opposing wall to ensure that the item can be maneuvered through the space.
- Consider wall corners, ceiling height, stairway widths and landings, and light fixtures that may provide obstacles and reduce maneuverability.
- When placing your order, check with us for information on your order's minimum clearance measurements.